30 Aug 32 Lessons in 32 Years
This week I turned 32.
I feel absolutely amazing, loving my 30s. Life literally does keep getting better and better. I feel like I’m finally relaxing into my own being… more acceptance, more love for myself, more allowing myself to be loved by those around me, less caring what other people think, less resistance to life in general.
I also adore this time of year as summer comes to a close… we enjoy the sweet lingering of warm summer days but begin to get a taste of fall around the corner. I get excited at the thought of pumpkin spice everything, wool slippers, cozy mornings, and feeling the crisp, cool air on my face. Everything is always changing. And I’m loving that these days.
To celebrate this birthday, I decided to do some reflecting, and wanted to share it with you.
Here are my truths so far in life…
- Get off your ass and MOVE your body. Every day. No excuses. Just do it.
- Coffee. Coffee. Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee.
- Starting your day with meditation will improve your quality of life.
- Dance, like a thousand fucking people are watching. Because it doesn’t matter what they think!
- Acknowledge your anger as a powerful teacher. Any strong emotion is just energy that needs to be released. Scream. Let it out!
- Life is the details and the big picture all at once. It’s all a matter of perspective.
- Courage is embracing vulnerability.
- Taking the leap is NEVER as scary as your mind makes it out to be.
- The way you look at your mom the moment you become a parent is one of the most beautiful perspective shifts you will ever experience.
- Are you really passionate about something? Start a business doing it. It’ll be the best decision you ever make.
- Passion + Commitment + Hard Work = Success
- Learning how to confidently say NO makes every YES so much sweeter.
- Tears and rain are two of the most powerful healers you will ever know.
- Releasing emotion is crucial to our health. Let. That. Shit. OUT.
- The story in your head wants to make you sick. It will try to take you down everyday. Learn to see it for what it is. Detach from it and take your power back. You are so much bigger than that.
- Anytime people gather together in vulnerability, magic happens.
- A life partner and a lover are two very different things. When you find someone who can be both, that’s the one.
- Pleasure is our birthright. How we taste life is just as important as how we see it.
- Balance is your perfect combination of effort and ease. Screw what anyone else thinks!
- There’s nothing like seeing young people who get it. Talk about hope for the future.
- Like attracts like. When you start vibrating higher, you attract other people who are too.
- It’s okay to feel uncomfortable sometimes. Life is vulnerable. Breathe and just keep going. You got this.
- Happiness stems from taking responsibility for our own actions. Blaming others for our circumstances keeps us in the hamster wheel going nowhere.
- Being a mom is the easiest and hardest thing I’ve ever done.
- Never forget how far you’ve come. Acknowledge all of your successes, big and small.
- Life is meant to be CELEBRATED. For God’s sake, we’re spinning around an enormous ball of fire on a tiny blue rock in a limitless black, star-filled universe. If that isn’t a miracle, I don’t know what it is.
- Marriage is hard. Counseling helps.
- You are consciously creating your life one thought at a time. Take time to notice what thoughts are rolling around in your head.
- Life is short. Eat the cake.
- Quit worrying about shit that’s out of your control. Focus on what’s inside the hula hoop, that’s all you can control. Your thoughts. Your attitude. Your words. Your actions.
- More coffee.
- My purpose in life is to help people heal themselves and empower them to live their purpose with passion and commitment.