01 Mar Reflect, Get Inspired, Get Clear, and Get Going
Lately I’ve been feeling deeply sentimental, emotional and creative in a beautiful way. A flowing, healing, watery way. I’ll blame it on Pisces season, which I’m beginning to fall deeply in love with. No wonder my son is a Pisces…
Ahh, Pisces season. Deep parts of myself called forth to be healed. All the feels. Understanding. Endings. Beginnings. Gratitude. Inspiration.
And deep, deep, reflection. And clarity. It feels so good to know why I’m here and what I’m supposed to be doing. I attribute this clarity to my yoga practice, which over the past ten years has shown me that I am here to help people heal themselves and empower them to live their purpose with passion and commitment (yes, you!).
That is my purpose in this life. And I do it a few very different ways:
With that, March is about taking action. We are all here on this planet to carry out a certain mission. We all have special talents, things we’re good at, and things we’re passionate about. I am here to draw that out of you because I believe the thing(s) you love to do most are what you are supposed to be doing in this life. Disclaimer: if you’re like me and feel like the things you love are completely unrelated, just revisit my list above – this is something I struggled with for a long time. The fact is, there is an underlying common thread in all the things you feel most passion about and it’s your job to find it. For me, all three of the above things I do are driven by my desire to help people live with greater purpose, empowerment and intention. That’s how they’re related. And it gives me three streams of income! So think of it that way, too.
This month, ask yourself (yes, these are journaling prompts, so get out your pen and paper):
- What makes you tick? Be painfully honest with yourself here. This is not your 9-5 job. It’s not being a parent. This is about you and you only. When your kids are all grown up and out of the house this is going to make you jump out of bed everyday. Consider the question: If you could do anything and be a millionaire for it, what would it be?
- What’s stopping you? Again, be painfully honest. What do you feel is holding you back from cultivating your passion(s)? Do you feel like you could never make a living at it? Are you afraid of what people will think of you? Scared to put yourself out there, be vulnerable and share your gifts with the world? Well, guess what? This is all normal and any successful person will tell you they have felt all these things at some point. So write them all down and get them off your chest.
- What needs to happen next? What can you do right now, today, to take a step in the direction of doing what you love? Here are a few ideas…
Time to Take Action
- Start an Instagram account for the thing you love (it’s FREE!). This will make it a tangible thing for you to start growing. I guarantee you have a shit-ton of knowledge about this thing because you love it so much. It’s time to start sharing!
- Be clear about your WHY. Create a mission statement about the thing you love. Why would the world benefit from learning more about this thing you love? Why do you desire to pursue or share about it?
- Start building your brand. Once the thing you love has an identity of its own, it’s a lot easier to work with, to grow, and to enjoy. This is a process and I know it can be overwhelming at times. As a branding designer, I am here to help you down this path of developing the thing you love into a money-making, life-fulfilling entity. View my portfolio here and contact me if you’d like to work together!
FACEBOOK LIVE EVERY WEDNESDAY MORNING IN MARCH!
Friend me on Facebook if you haven’t yet (Loren Boyd) and tune in every Wednesday morning in March. I’ll be talking about branding design topics, how I got my business off the ground, my process with logo and website design, and advice that will benefit you following your dreams. Make sure to tune in!
Every workshop or event I lead is designed to empower your life, help you learn more about yourself and continue to uncover your trueness, authenticity, and passion in life. View all upcoming workshops here.
Here’s to a wonderful month ahead!